Monday, May 28, 2012

SUCCULENT PLANTERS

Ever wish that you could play with those little plastic animals that you grew up with? Well you still can! 
Last year I saw a post online for plastic dinosaur succulent planters and thought to myself "Hey, I can totally make those." And so I did.
I made some dinosaur planters for my sister's bridal shower as party favors (I know, best bridal shower gifts EVER!), but these farm animals happen to be my favorite...

{farm animal planters...they are still in need of their plants}

Here is what you will need to make your own plastic planters:
plastic toys (5"-6" ones work the best)
razor to cut a hole for the plants
gesso to prime the plastic 
acrylic paint to decorate the planter

Here is a picture of a finished one! (Don't forget to poke a hole in the bottom for the water to drain)

{german shepherd planter}

1 comment: