Sunday, May 20, 2012

COWBOY COOKIES...WITH A TWIST

Growing up there were always cowboy cookies around, mainly in the freezer, but my mom was always making them. They have always been our go-to cookie for birthdays, holiday gifts, and just about any other occasion. So in honor of my mom (a week after mother's day), here is her famous recipe...with a twist because I didn't have chocolate chips.

Cowboy Cookies:
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
1 small package of semisweet chocolate chips (for the twist I substituted in shredded coconut!)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)


Preheat the oven to 350. Cream sugars, butter, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Then stir in all of the dry ingredients. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips, and nuts. 


Drop dough on baking sheet, about a teaspoon size, and bake for 12-15 minutes (until lightly browned on the edges).

{YUM! Especially with coconut}

{me, age 6, making cowboy cookies with my mom}

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. those cookies sound delish and that pic of you at 6 is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete