Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Heart on a Stick

Yes it is well past Valentine's Day, but I couldn't resist posting this little baking adventure. 
I am a HUGE fan of baking and crafting projects for holidays. And since the fastest way to someone's heart is through their stomach, I decided to make heart cookie pops for everyone. (These are a great idea for any holiday or occasion...just change the shape of the cookie.)

Now I have never made cookie pops before this, so I did some reading and found a few different tasty recipes.

The cookie pop sticks we're fairly easy to work with, however I did add a bit of dough to the back of each cookie to really hold the stick in. It was also really helpful to put all of the cookies into the freezer for 15 minutes before baking, this really helps the cookies keep their perfect heart shape.
Here are the cookie recipes I used...
{sugar cookie recipe}


{gingerbread cookie recipe}


I wanted a really simple recipe for the icing and found this great royal icing recipe:
{royal icing recipe...sooo good with the fresh lemon!}


You can decorate the cookies with just about anything you want, I chose my favorite day-glow sprinkles, some mint chocolate, and coconut (which was by far the best combination with the lemon icing.) The best part is that I was able to have fun with decorating and personalizing these sweet treats for my co-workers!

{I think they were pretty pleased with their cookie pop bouquets!}

No comments:

Post a Comment