Sunday, September 9, 2012

Avocado Addiction

I found a blog post last week about grilled avocados with a fresh tomato salad on top, and since I love just about everything with avocados I decided to make it.
Here is the how to {with a few adjustments on my part}
Ingredients:
Avocados
Lemon
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Mozzarella Cheese
Pine Nuts
Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper


{fresh ingredients}

Chop up the cherry tomatoes, basil,  and mozzarella and combine them in a bowl with the pine nuts. Slice the avocados and lemon in half and place them face down on the grill (I used the oven since I don't have a grill). Cook until the avocados have grill marks and the lemons are slightly caramelized.

{if you do this in the oven, just cook until the avocado is warm all the way through}

{salad goodness}

Toss the tomatoes and basil salad mix with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then pour it all on top of the grilled avocados. Top with some lemon juice and enjoy!

{YUM!}

No comments:

Post a Comment