Sunday, June 10, 2012

APPLE PIE

For the last few years I have always had a special birthday request from my (now) brother-in-law, and that was for me to bake him an apple pie. So in keeping with tradition, I made him an apple pie this weekend when I was down in Baltimore. (Luckily the whole family was there to enjoy it as well!)

The first time I attempted to make an apple pie, I found this Martha Stewart Apple Pie Recipe. I must say, it is so easy and so tasty...even the pie crust recipe is super easy to make, and so much better than store-bought pie crust. 
And since I can't take credit for the recipe...here are some pictures of the process! 
Enjoy!

{making the pie crust}

{peeling and chopping the apples...I use 6-7 apples instead of the recipe's 12}

{filling the pie}

{ready to bake}

{fresh from the oven}

{mmm...always better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream}

1 comment: